Vacancy information and nominating petitions are available on the State Bar Election Notice for the 2020 elections. Petitions are used to submit your name for one of the leadership roles at the State Bar of Michigan or Judicial Tenure Commission. Petitions must be filed with the State Bar between April 1, 2020, and April 30, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, please follow the following procedures for completing and submitting petitions:
- Please scan and email your completed petitions, rather than fax or mail. They can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- As a substitute for physical signatures, we will accept electronic confirmation of nomination support in the following format:
I support the nomination of [CANDIDATE ATTORNEY’S NAME] to serve on the [POSITION] for the [XX] District/Circuit.
My office is located in the [XX] District/Circuit.
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S NAME]
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S P NUMBER]
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S OFFICE ADDRESS]
Michigan lawyers are advised that the following elections will be held in June 2020:
- A statewide election for a non-judicial member of the Judicial Tenure Commission
- Elections for the members of the Representative Assembly in 38 judicial circuits
- Elections for members of the Board of Commissioners in four commissioner districts
- Elections for members of the Young Lawyers Section Executive Council in three districts
All ballots will be electronic and sent to all active State Bar attorneys by June 1, 2020, to the email address on file with the State Bar. To ensure you receive a ballot and notifications about the election, please make certain that the State Bar has your current email address on file. Ballots must be completed online no later than June 15, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Marge Bossenbery at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Carrie Sharlow at email@example.com.